dear black frog:
i love your comic work. it is amazing. you can explain so much so elegantly....its something to aspire to. the only problem i have is with some of your text. its like its all garbled and i cant make any sense of it. its, like, french or something? perhaps if you tried writing in english i'd know what the hell you are saying.
great to see an update brother. i miss you dearly, and cant wait to see you soon!!!!!!!
hope all is well.
ok that's it. That's the complete third book of the series. I was a bit lazy on that one -- couldn't get to start on it -- and I had to do the 300 pages in 20 days caus' of the deadline.
There will be 8 other sequels after that. next one should be done by october.
I'll leave it a couple of days for you to read if you read french and I'll take it off line to publish it in June.
Last edited by the black frog; April 16th, 2010 at 06:17 AM.
Merci beaucoup de partager cette merveilleuse aventure avec nous. Je vais essayer d'aller à la Japan Expo comme l'année passée pour me faire signer mes copies (si tu t'y rend bien entendu).
Je trouve que c'est une histoire qui est très intéressante. A mon avis c'est parce qu'elle t'es très personnelle et que tu as toute les libertés pour l'écrire. Je suis agréablement surpris de revoir le facteur, sa rencontre avec la grenouille noire est tout simplement merveilleuse. J'éspère que dans la suite on en apprendra d'avantage sur les 10 élus.
Free and clear as the spirit of a bird.
At least Icarus tried!
My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
there is nothing to say! excelent man!
These are amazing. Although I'm really not good at french, judging from the pages and from what my pal Manuel told me, the story is damn good (still hoping for an english translated version ).
Anyways, keep pushing it man, you are so vastly evolving time and time again.
The first full size -- more or less -- 10 pages of STONE MONKEY Chapter I
It's in French for now I'm affraid
Hope you guys like it anyway.
For the french speakers:
alors la compression est pas top j'ai fait ce que j'ai pu mais on peut les lire maintenant voilà.
Donc les 10 premières pages de Stone Monkey en Français pour vous gratos youpi
気計 - Quike
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.."
The Spaniard's Sketchbook... No holds barred
I could do nothing more than stare at the back of your awesome coat while you were drawing at the wacom stand in angouleme, so i'm very much looking forward to seeing in berlin at MADE, and possibly eat your brains.
Wow! Amazing work as always Igor. I hope you take it as a compliment that I want to scoop your brains out with a spoon and gobble the brilliance like a fine bread pudding! ^_^ Thanks for posting!
Wickedness is a myth invented by good people to account for the curious attraction of others.
Look at the monkey wh0re himself out:
Hi guys, haven't been around for a while, been reaaaallly busy again.
To give you an idea of what happens here -- just so you forgive my absence -- I'll make a little list of what's cooking on the multiple back burners.
- 23rd of September 2010 my first solo exhibit in Berlin at Marko's wonderful SIXMOREVODKA gallery.
- 22 of October I'm invited as an instructor at the Café Salé workshop in Paris.
- I'm currently doing a 21 pages short story for BRUME a french Comic Collective which will come out in France in late October.
- End of the year I'll be working on HEAD ACHE an old school Zelda like video game with me as the hero First chapter of the game due to be launched online in April 2011
- End of the year still, I'll be laying out an ALL BLACK FROG 100 PAGES MAGAZINE called "La Dynamo" of which the first issue will come out also in April 2011. the second issue is planned to be released in October the same year.
- My fourth 300 pages black and white graphic novel "2nd Generation" will come out in January 2011 for the international comic book festival of Angoulême.
- 2011, April again, Solo exhibit in Paris at Arludik, Antertainment gallery exhibiting people like Moebius, Giger, Pixar, Peter de Sève...
- I am also during 2011 supposed to direct a short 3D animated movie.... design a toy for my short comic Kamikaze Pirate Doll and do some work for Marvel and Magic the gathering.
Now as usual as I do them I am posting the pages of the last book.
Hope you'll like it as much as the previous ones.
Take good care.