|Color and Light||1.1||Do Assignment|
|Color and Light||1.2||Do Assignment||1.3 | 1.4|
|Illusion of Space and Atmosphere||1||Do Assignment|
|Personal Art||1.1||Do Assignment|
I was a little scared to post this, so this shall be my only post until I learn to do this properly. I've done quite a few paintings so far, and this one, although not very good, came out the best.
I know that it's nowhere near finished, and the lips + ear definitely need redoing, but I just wanted to know peoples opinions, other then people I know. Hammer away!
(I am planning on putting in a background.)
Last edited by Tydal; April 4th, 2007 at 12:35 PM.
tried fixing up the lips and ear, and i gave her a shoulder ....ok it's crap but atleast i'm trying lol.
heh.. alright yeah at least you're trying ok here we go:
1. is this from a ref?? if it is, try using guide lines to locate, size, and arrange all the facial features properly. if not, then you really need to study facial structure and proportioning.
2. it helps to make a good sketch or a solid drawing first, BEFORE you get into colors and paint. the more you draw, the easier this will be to do in the future. and that leads to..
3. draw from LIFE. learn how things REALLY look and are positioned, not how you THINK they look.
- this poor woman has no clavical or neck muscles to speak of.. and that shoulder looks more like a hump.
- her eyes are 2 different sizes and are on 2 different levels.. they should line up according to a guideline.. that you didnt use
- it also seems you're trying to draw in the lips and nose.. when you shouldnt necessarily be drawing them, but showing their form with shadow and light. you do need a basic out-line to show where they are.. but not heavy lines. remember, form by shadows and light.
you gotta crawl before you can walk man. take the time to study and learn these things solidly before you get into painting.. cuz else you end up with painted crap.. instead of nicely painted well done art. - JAG
it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..
hehe thanks for the tips I kinda knew that it wasn't perfect tbh (or anywhere near), i just wanted to get a piece of my work out there and get an idea of what I need to improve on (which is most of it ) below is the sketch I did to start with and the photo I interpreted. You can easily spot the fact I changed the head position slightly along with the arms and some facial expressions, as it was easier to draw the eyes got tricky because I painted them, and they started to look too big so then I went back over them and then they just got slapped about with colours. Anyway, I'll take your advice and scrap this for now and start a fresh, and try and work my way up a bit more before posting again.