Game Artist: Character/Environmental Generalist Artist Position Available
A high profile, Fortune 500 video game company in San Diego is seeking an experienced Game Artist to work on a sports game for the new PS3. The ideal candidate should consider themselves a Generalist and be able to model and texture both characters and environments.
The campus is in San Diego where you'll be working with bleeding edge hardware and software to create in-game assets for some of the hottest nextgen sports titles to come out on the PS3.
You'll create high poly count models, textures, and mapping as well as research new material and processes.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have over 3 years professional experience with Maya (preferably in the video game industry) and feel comfortable with the ZBrush application.
- Be able to adapt to using new tools and have some working knowledge of 3D Studio Max.
- Sports fans are major PLUSES!
- This is a 4-6 month on-site contract position in San Diego, CA.
- The hourly rate range is $35-45/hr DOE with time+1/2 for overtime.
- Local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance provided.
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place the text "Game Artist" in the subject line.
- Please provide the date you are available to start work.