Challenges of the week give artists the opportunity to create new and fantastic art based on a weekly theme set by the challenge moderators. They are also a great place to develop core skills.
Being featured on ConceptArt.org can get your artwork viewed by millions of artists a month including big industry leaders.
|Color and Light||1.1||Do Assignment|
|Color and Light||1.2||Do Assignment||1.3 | 1.4|
|Illusion of Space and Atmosphere||1||Do Assignment|
|Personal Art||1.1||Do Assignment|
Hey y'all, I got the big e-mail update from CA today, and thought I should update as well. But First, HOLY CRAP Marko is Kicking it, I am floored. Also Android's stuff has me shaking in my boots.
Anyhoo, here we go! The angel I posted a while back, but is a part of this magic series so I will show it again in case you missed it before. The Hellkite is the first dragon I've done in all my years with the game.
Here is one from a while ago, but alot of folks never saw it.
Here is the latest Dripping Fang Cover.
And here is one of like 40 shihouettes silhouettes I did for Peter Pan in Scarlet. The first official sequel to Peter Pan in 100 years.
Also I managed to get my site updated for the for the first time in 2 years. www.fischart.com
And I will try to get some new Dripping Fang inks up soon!
Everytime I come here I am amazed at what a resource CA is. I tip my hat to all of you, and would love to know what you think.
Hey, how do i add an image Icon to this thread, that is new to me!
Last edited by Fisch; December 10th, 2006 at 01:13 PM. Reason: adding icon - update
MISTER FISCHER!!!! so nice to see what u have been up to. love the torso on the first one. they are all fantastic. congrats on updating your site. looks great. keep killin.-c36
Awesome Emily! Thanks so much for the help!
Glad to be back everyone, Thanks!
It's been too long, killer stuff and love your abstractions. I'm off to visit your site and see the new wonders that be.
Love to chat with you sometime soon. Maybe before christmas hits?
Be well rocker star daddy-o!
Last edited by Bomba; December 5th, 2006 at 03:28 PM.
Lots of energy, vibrant colour - nice
Holy SHIT SCOTT!!!
These are such a pleasure to behold. I'm floored right back at ya!
great stuff !!
really really like it!
BUT i felt like critiquing haha please please take them the right way and not the wrong way as your art is very good and this is all just my thoughts...
... take em or leave em
-The sword and hand feels wrong. The hand gets lost and all i can see is the pattern of the cloth (i'm guessing it is some sort of wrapping going on) and it makes the perspective on the hand and sword missmatch.
-The highlighted area on the wings around that hand could continue down below the arm so that it wont read as a contrast solution against the hand/sword it self.
-Her tanktop clinches alittle too much maybe around her breasts?
- Great image though, very nice movements in the silhouette! tasty face and colors!
- No real critique here other than that his head gear makes me think of mickey mouse
- great pose and colors!
- Nothing major but that circle (moon) on the left side of the head makes the bats and the character blend together a little too much.
- To me it feels alittle too "pointy" or "sharp" at the top and very calm at the bottom... nothing wrong with that but just mentioning it hehe.
- Great pose and expression!
- his head, bangs and background circle really makes him look skewed. And also his torso but that one is kinda in on the ride
-His pinky feels very long. i get what you're doing there but i don't know...might be the hard angle from the palm to pinky.
- The chest pattern thing, that feels like it's too perfect. Again like it's skewed and not following the form of his chest really.
- I would like to see some bigger dark area or a leg at the bottom left corner, because the angle of him makes me wonder how he stands.
- LOVE the purple magic and composition!
- It is pulling it's shoulders back but the back wing acts like it's almost dead on...feels very wierd...either pull the top down so it has the same "umbrella" feel or maybe change the back arm ?
- Some of the smaller dragons could be pushed back behind the dragon maybe? now it seems like they're flying in a row.
- Damn nice composition and colors and dragon and....
- would love to see some of the same way you're describing the neck on the arms. they feel somewhat flat.
- LOVE it, very adventureous, makes me wanna listen to a bed time story
- it's great!
thanks for sharing and i hope you don't feel offended for the bucketload of critique.
BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR
MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
THE OTHER BROTHERS
man, props for giving crits hurricane.
i for one... all i could do was pick my jaw back up off the desk. nice work!!! beautiful, great colors and expression. great stuff!
- I think it's official... I am the world's slowest painter
Completely diggin all of it but that angel is stunning work. Some much energy and style, but kind of simple at the same time. 5 stars dude.
man, I love your artwork so much,... There just seems to be so much going on in all them.. Even the range of colors is amazing.. you really need to post more stuff.... thanks for sharing
Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd
Damn, holy shit!
The first pic is mindblowing pld:
But the other pictures are also great, especially the Peter Pan one, and the Jolly Roger one!
Scott, consider your ass patted. Awesome work, as usual.
Hey ya'll -- here is a very quick interview with Scott:
The Art Department (blog)
Oh damn I've always wondered who did that winged angel illustration. I have seen it on some boxes when I'm at some stores and it always makes me want to buy it just for that alone. I don't even play magic...
amazing work Mr. Fischer!
This is my favorite work of yours! I've always loved the feel and the drawing style of those Dripping Fang books. You're definitely pushing that controlled chaos feel in this newer stuff as opposed to that medusa from awhile ago. I look forward to where it will take you. Please keep us posted!
Concept Artist, Tencent Boston
I tip my hat to you, sir.
This look’s good really... You have a gift to catch right mood... I like abstract elements you are playing with, really nice mixture of realism and modern...
I’m quite interested about your painting process...
Awesome artworks Scott ! Really dig your illustrations, as usual. Fantastic style.
Funny, BTW, for an illustration for the last Magic : Time Spiral Fat pack, I was asked to use your Angel character and Hellkite Dragon. Just hope my picture is half good as yours.
Congrats again, I like the way you're managing graphic and decorative elements and patterns.
oh, my.... will you marry me ?
now... i will NEVER draw again...
great stuff man.
specifically "medussa" is really hot and evil,
Loving this. Great use of color and texture.
- life is killing me -
Hey Scott, thats superb work you got there, did you use any reference for the caravel? It so real it's scary.