|Color and Light||1.1||Do Assignment|
|Color and Light||1.2||Do Assignment||1.3 | 1.4|
|Illusion of Space and Atmosphere||1||Do Assignment|
|Personal Art||1.1||Do Assignment|
hi everyone, I am working on a illustration and I would like to know your opinion, I am coloring it, and surely some advice could help me before the work will be too much advanced.
Last edited by anjin; August 31st, 2006 at 05:19 PM.
thank you (c) for your fast answer! yes.. the human figures are just sketched but you're right... I think I'll put two figures there, watching down, like if they discovered the huge robot in that moment. But I am ready to change idea. I just think to need human figure to make proportion with the robot size.
I am still working on it.
Like always help, critics, and suggest are welcome and requested!
Thank you everybody in advance.
here another update, I found rusty metal of the robot's body too much similar in color to the rock, so I did it white, naturally with rust and so on. I'm still working on it.
Comments and critics needed!
I Anjin the idea is very nice ! I think that the first concept, the giant robot and the two person little, is the best idea. At this moment the work is good
Thank you everybody for comments!
- dreamworker: thank you for helping me. the original ideas with two little person is still the same! Just I will put the little person at the end! This illustration is making me very busy, I didn't think at the beginning that it would be a so long work!
- Rhineville: what do you mean exactly? The light sources and relative effect specially on the robot still are missing... I didn't work on it for now. I had thinking to put moon light from the sky, and some artificial lights from people on the grass. Also the eyes of the robot maybe will make a little of red light. But if you have suggest I am here. thank you fro your time wasted on my work!
HI! Here I have another update! the principal light surce should be the moon on the high left, but I am not sure if it apperas realistic... Tell em what do you think please!
if u want him to look old and rusty...find a picture of something old and rusty and look at it. he just looks like he got the crap beat out of him. i would say use more reference for materials, and i would agree on the lightsource issue. you could darken the scene more and have moonlight coming in and reflecting off of him to add more of a nighttime feel. i like the flashlight ideas but they need to be better executed.
- mbetteker: thank you for the super fast post! My idea is that the original color fo the robot is white, and I tried to make it rusty and with mood but without to lose all the original paint. But if I have to explain it means that I didn't realize it good enough. I tried at beginning to make it very rusty (with orange/red brilliant) because I have a lot of reference, but it was like soething small. Other problem I had is that if I make it too much rusty and NOT brilliant it will almost desappear against the rock behind him. Hmmm...
For the light, you are right.. I am still working on it, both lights I mean: flashlight and moonlight, it's almost my first illustration with a so difficult light! Maybe I started something a little too much complex... Hummm Anyway I'll going on! Thank you again!
herethe new update, like always critics and comments are welcome, at moment I am painting to cover the lines of pencil so to cut them off laterkeeping only the pinted colors. Please... comment it!
Thank you in advance .D
at first thanks for you c&c and I love your drawing and concept
I agree with most people about the lighting, as of how you fixed it now, it looks really unnatural, I'd say it is not good to leave out the lighting and do the colouring first, you have to plan it all at the same time. for as you know or might not now, colour IS light. this way you can make it in one dynamical piece. at the moment(you are prolly not leaving it like this) but here's a thought anyway: the light of the flashlight, could never lit the robot's head at the same time as his legs, from where the people are standing.
but you are doing one hell of a job, and you are better at colouring digital then me.
The body looks fully illuminated when not all of it should. Maybe have some spots of shadow. Also, the water should have some reflection. I would use War of the Worlds and the boat scene as reference.
Hi everybody! Thank you very very much for your time spent here!
- 0shade0: in real I thought about light from beginning, and for now I still didn't put light from moon and shadows projected above the robot. It should be the next thing I'll fix (or I'll do...). About the flashlight... right. At moment I am using it like an idea... I'll need to paint better the light and surfaces affected or not. The solution adopted until now is not correct or satisfecting me. In real I am not so happy for the whole illustration but I don't want to stop working on it until I'll can say: it's my better!
- Joatley: Hummm for the body of the robot I answered above, for the water I had thinking it could be ok, but after your comment... yes... I'll try to fix it modifing reflections!
I hope in both your comments also for the next update! Thank you again for your time!
I Anjin, the work is run better but I think that : If the night is so dark The part of robot that are out of light must be more darken.
yes... I think the same! I have not time to work on it this week, but I'll do it on the week end or next week. I'll post the evolution as soon as possible! Thank you for your post!
ok.. I had few time to work on paintings and sketches but I have a new version of the WIP. Like always critic and opinions are welcome! Thank you in advance!
Anjin, some good stuff here. Watch your tones so you don't get so dark you can't see what's going on. In your picture right now, you need to start picking out the highlighted areas. Pay attention to the shape of the robots head and where the light beam would be hitting it and how it would wrap around the structure of it's "skull". Also, reference that pictue of rusted metal a little more for some texture and color.
Good work. I like the feel of what you have here. Push it a little further than you think can and I think you'll be pleased. If you're afraid of ruining the piece, make a copy and work on that so you don't lose what you have.