A while back I challenged you all to create a set of quadruped critters that might be found in various levels of a 3rd person action game. Well, now it's time for the sequel to that round. These weekly activities should really help your get stuff together for your personal portfolio and I'd like to help with that, so I want to format this like you would a sheet of variants you would pitch were you working on a game. For this round I want little to no background, your final drawing should showcase only the creatures and should not take the form of an illustration, more of a design sheet type of deal.
Your task this week is to come up with a creature that you might find in a 3rd, 1st person or isometric-style action game. The creature is a stationary creature rooted to one spot (or only capable of moving at very slow paces), but these creatures can spit (pr otherwise fire) projectiles long distances to hit anything they deem hostile. What kind of projectiles it shoots are up to you as is anything about its general appearance. What I do want from you is 4 variations on that creature. In the quadruped round, I asked you to give me variations based on the differently themed levels. This time I won't ask you for themed variations but 4 design “pitches” around the same theme. You're creating 4 creatures, technically, so I'll give you guys an extra week to spit out some sweet spitters.
- The creatures must be capable of firing long-range projectiles via its own anatomy
- The creatures must be stationary or only capable of the most minimal of movements (think snail speed)
- The creatures should feel like they could belong in an action game
- There must be little to no background present in the design sheet
- There should be 4 variations on similar concepts for the design sheet