Hello guys! Fourth term student studying Entertainment Design at Art Center College of Design hoping to improve! Feedback is always appreciated.
Here's some stuff I've been working on this week for school--
1) Painting for digital landscape class; the assignment was to incorporate characters from the movie Looper into our digital plein air paintings (I'll be fixing some things on this one during the weekend)
Last edited by whupscuttle; November 29th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
1) We had to design a keyframe for our class project; mine depicts the hero character waving farewell to her friends and family before departing on her epic journey.
1) Live costumed figure drawing from class today--theme was 50s fashion (complete with a Dior pink backdrop). 15 min
1) 2nd drawing from live costumed figure drawing from class today--theme was 50s fashion (complete with a Dior pink backdrop). 15 min
2) Demon sculpt (old piece--zbrush)
3) Alien bird sculpt (old piece--zbrush)
1) WIP painting of Puss (influences: old western and korean).. starting to add some values in
1) Dragon doooodle!
Here's a revision of the dragon piece based on the critique I got from my Viscom teacher.
1) Quick black and white comp for a keyframe I'll be working on for homework
1) My Godzilla maquette for class (we had to come up with original concepts)... there's still a lot of work that needs to be done like texturing, finalizing details, and adding fins/spikes on his back!
1) Monster themed environment painting for class
1) 5 min poses for costumed figure drawing (theme = 1960s fashion)
oh my god your sketchbook is just gorgeous. it's very inspiring. do you do traditional paintings?
keep up the good work!
Still learning how to hold a pencil.
Thanks Daria! Unfortunately, no. Most of my classes involve assignments using the digital medium and I don't have a lot of spare time outside of school. I might dabble a bit in it over winter break though!
1) Finished 5 min poses for costumed figure drawing (theme = 1960s fashion); goal was to graphically interpret the model in a 60s style
Last edited by whupscuttle; November 29th, 2012 at 08:38 PM.
1) Quick 1 hour stress relief doodle!
i am really like the way you rendered the earth in the picture with the two figures standing facing each other. it looks rich with flavor
vibrant sketches so far and like Chris said try studying various stuff
Everything is permitted
Thanks guys! I'll get on the studies once winter break starts.
1) Digital plein air painting at Matador Beach (on location for digital landscape class)
Nice!!! I love your texture work. I wish that when I had gone through school the had taught me speed painting. It's a valuable aspect of illustration. Keep up the great work!
Thanks silver! Learning to texture was pretty difficult; I had a pretty hard time with rocks/mountains.
1) Godzilla maquette is almost ready to bake! Just need to dig in a channel along the spine to add his spikes..
1) Quick painting of Matador Beach again!