Challenges of the week give artists the opportunity to create new and fantastic art based on a weekly theme set by the challenge moderators. They are also a great place to develop core skills.
Being featured on ConceptArt.org can get your artwork viewed by millions of artists a month including big industry leaders.
|Color and Light||1.1||Do Assignment|
|Color and Light||1.2||Do Assignment||1.3 | 1.4|
|Illusion of Space and Atmosphere||1||Do Assignment|
|Personal Art||1.1||Do Assignment|
Hey everyone, I did this fairly quick illustration - I was hoping to maybe get some crits and feedback on it!
Just some pointers I noticed:
1.His stance seems to be a bit off-balance
2. His left hand it looks as if the thumb placement is positioned ABOVE the rest of his finger. The thumb is grabbing the plant and the rest of the fingers are below it.
3. The background buildings and the sky don't seem to mix very well. As if the buildings are just pasted on there. Creating no depth between sky and BG buildings.
Composition wise the piece isn't TOO particularly interesting, may we see the thumbnail sketches?
Tip: Maybe bringing out the green on the plant to create more contrast my add a bit more focus to the plant. Because my eyes are guided to the guy not the "brief moment of life" which if the plant.
1. Composition wise it would have been helpful to leave more space between the character and the picture border/debris in order to move the character off the dead center and to help the eye understand the perspective better.
2.Speaking of perspective, it seems distorted. Have you used a grid when making your tiles? Also, the foreground/background transition is a bit flat as kino pointed out. Adding space would have made it easier for you to work on the perspective ( see point #1)
3. The shoes/folds on the bottom of his jeans look very flat. The shadow that you limited to the ground should have continued on his right shoe/leg. Also making the shadows another color than pitch black would have helped define the jeans material.
4. If that is his index finger that he is using to touch the leaf than the thumb should be more clearly defined, because right now it looks like he has an extra finger on his hand.
5. Overall , all of the surfaces in the image look more or less flat, do more material studies to know how to make things pop out more. I took a look at your other work on your website and you have some pieces which are rendered better than this one!
However, all of those things being said i actually really like the gesture and the story behind this picture. I think that if you refine it/correct the problems this could be a very nice piece.
A creative artist works on his next composition because he is not satisfied with his previous one. When he loses a critical attitude toward his own work, he ceases to be an artist. - Dmitri Shostakovich