Character of the Week #266 HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
CHOOSE YOUR SIDE: Vampire Vs. Werewolf
Create yourself as a warrior for either the Vampires or the Werewolves.....
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 30th OCTOBER 2011, 9PM GMT+1
Check your timezone!
Another chance for you to be a bit self indulgent this week. With Halloween just round the corner, we would like you to choose your side in one of the oldest arguments of all time: Do you side with the Vampires or the Werewolves. This might be a self portrait task, but please try to think further than just two pointy fangs and some coloured contact lenses - release your inner demon!
- Must be based on yourself
- Must clearly be either a Vampire (The Bat) or a Werewolf (The Wolf)
- Cannot just be a pair of fangs - make your design interesting.
- Think carefully about the clothing you might wear - what colours and fabrics might you associate with each side.
- How were you turned? Do you still carry the scars?
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#266_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow266final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
Me fully wolfed.
Lets see if i can make it past the initial thumbs this round and not get dragged into something else. 1st Thumb/sketch- post feast
Probably not pushing the vampire look enough, but I wanted to shoot for an obvious contemporary theme. Vampires, when out to feed, need to blend in with normal folks, so I just threw on the normal duds.
Looking to go with a cold, winter theme/color pallet. Maybe do a mid feast shot to push the monster element in the final.
Bonus points for anyone that can name the Norwegian horror flick that influenced me on this one
Last edited by ~baxter; October 24th, 2011 at 05:43 AM.
Hmm, I will of course be a vampire but there's a lot inspiration to choose from: The swampy south of Interview With The Vampire, high-tech Underworld, regal Darkstalkers.. Probably will be a mix of all them with a touch of Goth as well.
Can I just say I am WAY excited about this challenge?
Last edited by jagder; October 24th, 2011 at 06:33 PM.
I apologise for the scribblyness I only had an hour or so break doing a commission :3
m a bit too twiggy to be a werewolf, and too pale. So um, yea!
and another hour or so update
Last edited by DecayingLolita; October 24th, 2011 at 11:06 PM.
~ ~ Sketchbook of Junk ~ ~
Baxter: It's feeling very "Let the Right One In"... not sure if that's the film you're talking about, but that's what it feels like to me. Very cold, in all the aspects of that word. I like it.
Here's mine, went with vampire.
Hey guys, this is the first CHOW I'm entering so good luck to everyone! Here's a preview of what I'm working toward. I'm going for a more urban/under city vampire. As that's what I assume I would fit more into-as opposed to the sophisticated Transylvania type. Still working on making the design more interesting.
Did a quick sketch, i'm not sure about the pose, is kinda static but i'll sleep on it.. anyway i'll try to take a photo of me in the same position and hopefully will make him look like me (never done an self portrait before)
Also i'm planing to add some nasty weapons
The Werewolf Kid!