Character of the Week #265
-Design a result of a failed scientific experiment
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 23rd OCTOBER 2011, 10PM GMT+1
Post your final images in this thread. Remember, any comments posted BEFORE the poll is posted will be removed without any sort of warning.
CHECK YOUR TIMEZONE
CHECK YOUR FILENAME
MAKE SURE YOUR IMAGE ADHERES TO THE BRIEF
- Keep in mind the cold war era in your design. No fantasy, no scifi, please make it look like it could have happened!
- Can be of any gender
- Think grotesque! make the whole design look grim, dark and horrible. Remember that there is no hope for the failed ones!
- For clothing, keep it simple like ordinary jumpsuits, or something they could have worn in those days!
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#265_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow264final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
Last edited by ~KJK~; October 22nd, 2011 at 05:47 AM.
Hi Everyone! This is my first participation in the activities. Here's what i've got for a finished piece.
Soviet experiments on steroids injection, aimed on creating a super-strong soldier, went bad. Rapid growth of muscles deformed the test objects skeletons making them partly disabled. Moreover, chemicals and drugs made their child's psyche unstable, that's why every test subject was given a woman supervisor as the acting mother replacement.
heres my final, it was really fun this one
Horrible Soviet Experiment
Last edited by Whiskey Sour; October 23rd, 2011 at 02:49 AM.
Last edited by lkjhgfdsa; October 23rd, 2011 at 08:25 AM.
The word ‘anarchy’ comes from the ancient Greek αναρχία in which αν meant ‘without’ and αρχία meant first a military ‘leader’ and then ‘ruler’. Anarchist society is one ‘without rulers’: a classless, non-hierarchical society.
“You need people like me.
You need people like me so you can point your grubby fingers and say, "That's the bad guy.""
Hi,everyone.This is mine.
Sorry for the poor quality photo of the rear 3rd qtr sketch, I'm between scanner atm and taking a nice photo of a pencil sketch under fluro lights is nigh impossible!
Hi. Good luck.
Final Entry on Operation Overman:
"Overclocking 'the Ticker' has produced unwanted side-effects, causing increasingly dramatic fluctuations in the subjects mental stability. The sedative toxins we've administered into the test chamber to halt the aggressive demeanor of the subject seem to have had adverse effects. If the subject keeps increasing in strenght, the shackles won't be enough to hold him anymore!"
Last edited by Kauil; October 23rd, 2011 at 12:48 PM.
Here is my final version, along with a brief description:
Subject n°6208, code name "Macha", was taken from the streets of Leningrad into the mysterious "Kolasa National Laboratories", where she was subjected to a wide range of inhumane treatments. Such experiments mainly focused on trans-species mutations induced with cobalt thorium and bioluminescent parasitic grafts.
Thank you all and good luck!
First entry, hopefully everything is as it should be!
"Hello? Are you there doctor? Please let me out. When is mommy coming out of me? You said if I was a good girl and took my medicine you'd take mommy out of me. I want to go home with mommy. Please, you promised. You promised..."
Enjoy, you twisted folks.
Dread_Reaper's (HORRIBLY OUTDATED) Book of Darkness and Stuff
DIABLO III fan art
Also check out my new website!
hey guys, hope im not too late!
5 - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1319174581
Hey guys, finally had some free time and decided to try this weeks challenge. I about missed it getting things ready for Halloween.
How wonderfully grim.
Switched back to my original concept/sketch, the rubbery-skinned old lady wasn't doing it for me.
Also tried something new/different with how I colored/inked, still so much to learn about digital art techniques :|
Last edited by amyersco; October 23rd, 2011 at 07:31 PM.