CONTEST: Houses for the Forest
Just as it would happen in one of the Roland Emmerich movies, the world's gone crap. Oil has reached its highest prices, nobody is able to buy anything and countries are suffering an worldwide rebellion caused by hunger and absolute desperation.
Some of the population of your city has decided to move out and start again on the countryside. As a member of the movement, you have been appointed to design and help in the building of new houses and buildings in order to create safe places for the people, supplies and other uses.
Because you will not have bricks or concrete any more, all the materials you'll be able to use for this job are those which can be easily found on the forest. This is: leafs, sticks, wood, rocks, stones, mud... You can use too the things that can be made from this stuff, like a rope made from crushed leafs' fibre. Also, you can be aided by the surrounding terrain and vegetation (using a tree as a main pillar, for example).
You have to make three buildings.
- The first one must be simple and quick to build up to provide a temporal place of accommodation until more complex and safe buildings are made.
- The second one has to be as big as it could bring a home for a whole family. It may have a bedroom, a kitchen and a living room.
- And the third one would be even bigger so it can take in about 50 or 75 people; making a common place where to take decisions or store food.
- If you want to make any other building, feel free to design!
: Of course you don't
have to be an architect to participate, but you'd need to take notice of the weigh of the building and the structure. And, of course, lots of creativity.
- We'll admit finished, inked or pencilled projects as long as they're clean and legible. No dirty or rushed work.
- Traditional or digital, but not 3D neither animation.
- Image sizes have to be around 800 px wide max.
- It'd be better if you can include some descriptive text on the project.
Until the last Sunday of March 2010, this is, the 27th