I've started taking evening classes in illustration and drawing recently. Now is the time to start my own sketchbook!
I think I'll post every friday so I can put up the sketches I've done during the week. This sketchbook will help me keep track of my progress and share my thoughts with you.
Thanks for viewing
So here goes:
1) Drawing from life in the park. The teacher was testing us to see where we are with our skills.
2) This one was done from life, but we were supposed to stylize it, so it's a failed exercice ._. We had a stuffed crow and a stuffed rat-thingie. I couldn't stylize the crow for some reason.
3) The rat-thingie, stylized yay!
4) first perspective class... I've learnt all that from books and a lot of practice so it was a bit boring. But still... I need a lot more practice so I'd better stay focused >.>;;
5) drawing from life to relax after the perspective theory. This is Pascale. She doesn't look anything like my drawing xD I need to work on representing the recognizable traits of a person.
Here is my weekly update.
See you next week.
6) A small exercice in two points perspective. Nothing fancy... I've learnt all that in books, so I'm a bit bored in class for now.
7 & 8 ) 2 teddy bears from life. The idea is to draw it in three different points of view in three different positions (so 12 sketches total), then stylise it from memory. I've done the same three points of view of the same pose over and over again... I can't get it right ; ; Those two are the best results I've got (I've got like ten sketches full of fail...)
9) I found the motivation to draw from imagination without fear of failure! So here is a bald elf.
10) And here is a stylized take on Nosferatu (don't ask me why he's got a lit match in his mouth ._.')
11) A random dude staring at the skies. When you don't know how to look cool, just stare at the sky.
12) A high fantasy elf. I think I like this one.
13) A lich or something. I tried to make it old and sexy for an eerie look. She's more old than sexy ...
14) A tree from life. So like I got bored of drawing leaves...
15) Learning different levels of finish. From top left to bottom right: "drawing" (with attention to line quality, but no shadows), "drawing", "rough sketch" (only a general shape), "1st grey" (a "drawing + 1 level of grey) and finally "roiugh sketch" again. I'm just translating literraly from french. I'm not sure how you'd call those level of finishes in english, but you get the point.
16) A couple of vegetables from life. They will serve as a base to design a creature (see below)
17) OMG they make me draw teddy bears ; ;
18 ) A vegetable from life to practice the afore mentioned "1st grey" shading
19) This one was fun! expanding on the "1st grey" method, we had to push the shadows further
20) Portait of Aurélie. I LOVE her hair >.>!
21) Based on the drawing 16, I designed a few creatures. Here a frog in a cloak.
22) and here a Troll
23) My teacher wanted me to combine them in one character by adding a cloak to the troll. I also reworked the pose in the thumbnail below. The finished piece is due to 13th of october.
24) No more teddy bears please >.> help me! This one is a stylised version with shading in pencil. Next week, beased on this sketch, I'll have to shade it with indian ink.