I've done this painting but I'm not happy with it. The trouble is, I don't know what to do with it to make it better either so I'm after some help and suggestions please. Here's the painting,
It's not right but where did I go wrong and is it fixable or do I just have to start again with this one do you think?
Nice painting. It might be salvageable (I sure would try to save it before I started over)
1) Though I like the general look, I think the overpainting of her clothes onto other areas of the picture is wrong. I would correct this.
2) With this paintings simplicity, I would add 1 or 2 layers of shadow... but no more. I think this will add enough depth to add intrigue without adding too much detail.
3) She is missing a jaw line. I think this needs to be added.
4) She is developing a "pooch" with her lower abdominal muscles. I would consider tightening this up... unless it's intended for a womens career center or something like that... then I might leave it as it is.
I hope this helps.
you could also try taking out the top line you did for her lip..
looks like a little mustache..
the middle and lower line will represent her lips just fine on their own.
I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!
MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204
MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13
I would draw a little bit of her right upper arm. It's possible that's it exactly behind the left one, but it looks a little weird and lazy. Just like you did with the legs, only showing a little of the other arm is enough.
I agree with JT on the overpainting, correcting this would look better.
Correcting these things and with a darker red for shadows, I think it's finished. I like your lines
- illustrations, animations & games -
great advice thanks peeps all makes sense I think I will just change the background completely as it might be quite difficult getting rid of some of the black lines otherwise. I have an idea in mind. Thanks!