The overall stability and performance of Corel Painter X has been improved. The following is a list of improvements.
• There is no longer a refresh issue when switching between workspaces of varying window sizes.
• The Mixer palette and swatches are no longer independent of custom workspaces.
• The Customize Keys Preferences dialog box no longer has missing entries after workspaces are switched.
• Painter no longer becomes unstable while switching to a workspace with a hidden brush category when the variant list of the category is showing.
• The last-used workspace is now recalled between Windows Vista sessions.
• Deleted custom brush libraries no longer appear in the Workspace Manager.
Enhanced Brush Ghost
• Orientation is no longer a problem when using the RealBristle brushes with a Wacom 6D Art Pen.
• An enhanced brush ghost now shows flatness for most brushes .
Dodge and Burn
• The Dodge and Burn tools no longer record scripts at 100% opacity on Mac OS.
• The Dodge and Burn tools no longer play back as brush strokes on the Windows operating system.
• The recorded strokes of the Eraser tool now play back as Eraser strokes and not as Watercolor Brush strokes.
• Maximizing the window with Command + M (Mac OS) no longer causes the document to flicker.
• Refresh is no longer an issue with a resized Brush Creator on the Windows operating system.
• The Ctrl + Z shortcut key for AutoPainting now works correctly on Mac OS and the Windows operating system.
• Iterative Save now works when saving long filenames on Mac OS.
• The Tracker and Image portfolio and Selection palette no longer have refresh issues when resized.
• Nozzle creation on Intel Mac computers now displayed in color rather than in black.
• Long Japanese filenames no longer cause the Welcome Book to become unstable.
• Users can now cancel or save a movie as a GIF animation without causing Corel Painter to become unstable.
• The Load Brush library for the Windows operating system now displays extended characters.
• All items on the property bar for the RealBristles feature now function properly.
• On Mac OS, the length of filenames supported for opening and saving files has been increased.
Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
The patch stabilized the problem when using the brush creator, but it has some kind of GUI issue where if I have other programs up it doesn't properly refresh the graphics to Painter. Say for example you were reading the manual off the PDF, Painter doesn't refresh and it looks like Painter is "Adobe Acrobat"
It's a bit frustrating to see so many errors on a product. I know, report to Corel, but at the same time Adobe Photoshop doesn't have these kinds of errors.