Love that horse. :D
Love that horse. :D
Love the life ones :) look quite alive :)
Great to see updates :)
OmenSpirits: thanks! :tihi: I thought it turned out pretty well.
Quike Garcia: thx, yeah, I realized I hadn't drawn from life in eons, so.. :lifedrawing:
More recent scribbles...
1) "Rainbow Hair", a study
2) "Rocker Boi", sketchy-sketch thing
3) "Headdress", a study
Wow, the rainbow hair is pretty impressive :)
I like the plasticity of the katana piece.. but the action seems a bit unfocused..
Quike Garcia: thanks :) Yeah, there wasn't a whole lot of planning that went into that katana piece -- it probably shows, huh :bashful:
1) "Green Jay" -- coloring inspired by the song.
2) "Ghost Girl" -- she ended up rather Mucha-esque.
3) A rough, dragony kinda sketch.
4-5) Inspired by a baby shower I went to the other day...
To be honest, I really like the idea of the katana one.. even if it shows a bit of a lack of preparation :P
Really cute baby tiger... :)
And btw, no need to write my surname every time :P Quike is enough :P
Some sweet new updates, as usual. Like the cat and husband sketches, and pink hair girl.
Gooooo Amontilladoooo! (Ok that cheesy, i know)
Quike & walnut: thanks for the feedback, y'all! Much appreciated :)
Aaaaand I'm back. Since it's been literally forever, I'm just gonna pick up where this SB left off. This is "Trumpet Child", inspired by a group called "Over the Rhine".
"The trumpet child will blow his horn
Will blast the sky till itís reborn
With Gabrielís power and Satchmoís grace
He will surprise the human race."
~Over the Rhine, "Trumpet Child"
Here we have some various sketches and illo's... and if I re-post anything, I apologize. It's tricky trying to keep track of old stuffs. :dur:
1) "Lonely Tylenol", a palindrome sketch.
2) "Centaur Lord", wherein a young trespasser is apprehended.
3) "Calvin & Hobbes" -- all hail Bill Watterson :D
4) "Young Artist"
Feelin' saucy on this quiet Wednesday afternoon. Let's see what other artwork I've got lyin' around here...
1) "Artichoke Heart".. get it?
2) Good ol' Jamie & Adam. Gotta luv Mythbusters!
3) "Heart Surgeon".. hey, these are the jokes...
4) Conceptual poster design for the Broadway musical "Ragtime"
5) Another ArtOrder challenge: "Rust"
Wow!! three updates in three days :) I feel like it's Christmas :P
Now seriously, my favourites are the young artist, rust, ragtime and Calvin&Hobbes pieces, although the rust piece could use a different composition to emphasize the emotional load.
The centaur lord is a nice idea, but I think that the lord could use some more ornaments and be in an upper level to show more clearly that is a higher rank.
The artichoke heart and the heart surgeon just plainly cracked me up :D
Keep on posting!! :)
There is much I admire in your work, the diversity of ideas and technique, willingness to experiment, playfulness and lightheartedness. But mostly I appreciate the quality of your drafting skills, evident from the very first posts.
Congrats! And keep posting.
Quike Garcia: Yeah, the "Rust" pic is far from perfect. It actually started out landscape-oriented (see below), and then I re-read the Challenge rules and realized I'd done it wrong. :nohope: You're right about the "Centaur Lord", too; if I flesh that sketch out more, I'll be sure to give him some more armor/bling :confident
magicpudding: Thanks for stoppin' by -- and thank you for the kind words! :hugsmile:
Well kids, here's your latest batch of arty goodness...
1) "Rust", the original piece
2) Conceptual "Sweeney Todd" poster
3) Conceptual "Glass Menagerie" poster
4) "Year of the [Daniel Striped] Tiger", design concept for "Chinese Zodiac" theme
5) "Learn Your Zodiac!", design submitted for ShirtWoot's "Chinese Zodiac" contest
I like it much more in the landscape format :)
The discover your sign piece is really nice :D
Quike Garcia: thanks, man :hugsmile:
Keepin' it random, here's some more stuff I did awhile back...
1) Shirt design for the "A Day w/o Shoes" contest at Threadless
2) A study of a Glenn Dean enviro.
3) "Daughter of Pharaoh"
4) dragon sketch, using oil pastels :D
5) "Tea Time"
6) conceptual poster design for the Broadway musical "Camelot"
I really like the daughter of Pharaoh. Very natural :) Keep on posting!! :)
Me, i like that canyon pic, and that zodiac toy in the previous update. To nitpick, yu can still do more with lighting, for instance in that "rust" pic. Have peoiple been stealing your artwork lately? What with the BIG watermark on it and all ... Anywayys, don't stop the music okay?
Quike Garcia: thx, Quike :) And thank you for stoppin' by my blog! :teeth:
Walnut: Yep, I still struggle with lighting :dur: Mostly I forget about it! Thanks for reminding me :^^: And no, the big watermark's just me being paranoid. Nowadays I use a little square logo for a watermark :)
Let's see... other things to show...
1) "Young Mother" Diggin' out old toys is always fun times :wink:
2) "Egg", done for Sugar Frosted Goodness' "E is for..." challenge
6) "Star Stuff", submission for ShirtWoot's "New Vintage" contest
Nice update man, oooh, I really like the way you number your entries, sweet! Playing with horses one is my fave, great emotion you have captured there.
I love the enviro study in the second-last post. It reminds me of the painting of the two cowboys on the bull skull that you did aggggeeess ago! Would love to see more stuff like that, and more with horses! Great job, Amontillado.
Your line drawing skills are really solid. Perhaps try some tonal painting studies from life or photos or such? I feel your painting and colour is quite behind your line drawing abilities
Keep it up!!
Oh goodness... is this the same amontillado I remember? This stuff is fantastically nifty. I've love seeing all the different styles you're working with now.
I need to look back through and see what i've missed when I'm less sleep deprived.
Interesting sketches and great lines.
I use your sketches for inspiration, great stuff!