W.I.P. Dragon Storm
Hello guys and gals
This is my very first post. I have been working on this a while and can't seem to get it right, I need help with the clouds and the moutain the most. Any advice or crits would be great
I m no pro at all but I try to give you some advices:
1. A total front perspective is boring. the Eye deosnt like the symmetry.
2. The mountain looks like a candle, thewax drops down. YOu can even see the layers. Look at photos and books. Study the different types of stone and make scribbles. get a feeling for it
3. Same goes for the clouds.
4. The anatomy of the dragon. The bones in the wings are totally wrong. Read about birds and bats.
5. The tail is too stiff and too short, looks very unnatural.
6. You have no feeling for the size. We cant say how big the dragon or the stones are. We even cant say how far the cllouds are away.
7. The hole in the cluds looks too....how can I say ? It doesnt look like a gas cloud or something that flies through the air. It gives me a feeling like is the dragon was shooting into some kind of pudding.
8. Read the tuts
Hope I could help aou a little
I totally agree about the sky and moutain You are dead on about those
as far as the anatomy of the dragon I wasn't going for the way a birds wings are constructed. The part about the tail is true it is too small
Thanks for the input
that isnt a real photo ? tell me its not :x
oh its real!
taken in texas i believe.
a friends, father's, friend took them.
he has a bunch of amazing ones.
proving nature is more bizarre than fantasy!
Here are some great tuts for different types of clouds that might help you, and here's a pretty good one on painting rocks.
I like your original take on the dragon. The overall concept seems a little vague, but perhaps if you can get your mountain and clouds a bit more realistic, you will then be able to flesh out this piece so it tells a bit more of a story.