Fipseīs irregularities - Fresh from the grave ... 05.8.09
Here we are again - me and the dreaded virtual sketchbook. I began a new "real" sketchbook and though this could be a good start to post again. Anyway I hope that I can keep this up-to-date and running and wonīt have such a big break due to overwork and rut ...
Hereīs stuff to start with, I try at the moment to get a better and more controlled grip on colours with more or less success.
Hope you have fun ...
Back from holiday 04.05.05
Here I am again ... havenīt drawn as much as I wanted in my holiday but at least did some studies and stuff and had some fun with my good ole quill-pen.
Some anatomy-studies after Bammes:
http://www.grafips.de/ca/sketch/s159.jpg http://www.grafips.de/ca/sketch/s160.jpg http://www.grafips.de/ca/sketch/s164.jpg http://www.grafips.de/ca/sketch/s165.jpg
And some black and white sketches I made. The one with the boat was made in situ.
I hope I can send my irregularities a bit more regular in the next time.
Update 28.09.05 Thunderdome entry
Hi, having survived crunchtime for this time I hope I can draw more in the next time. At least I could manage somehow to finish my piece for the second round of Thunderdome "Last man standing". To show a bit more than the finished piece I think I tell a bit about my approach to a more complex drawing.
1. Normally I donīt do many sketches before I start drawing. I mostly have the idea and the composition in my head and try directly to put it down on paper. Anyway because this was a more complex topic I decided to make a bit more work. First I did a fast thumbnail to nail my idea down, a vast junkyard-town in an postapocalyptic setting. everything is very vague and hasty until I start the "real" drawing.
2. I decided to change the perspective of the focal point - the fighting pair. I love designing costumes so I wanted to show more of them. The dark lines I stressed so I can go into the next stage.
3. With layout-paper I traced the main lines of the sketch and refined the forms, changed the gesture and was happy enough to call it o.k. for the main drawing. The dark lines I transmitted with graphite paper to the final drawing paper.
4. Now we come to the fun part - the final drawing. The transmitted lines I erased so there are just faint lines. I redrew them and did the basic drawing with a non-repro blue pencil and accomplished the drawing with a HB 0.5 technical pencil. The drawing I scanned in for the colouring. The whole drawing has been made in A3 (29,7 x 42 cm).
5. I applied the basic colours (or in this case values) with Photoshop on the drawing to establish a direction.
6. Now I just refine the rendering in the usual ways, tweaking and detailign in PS. Voilá - youīve got a piece to get your ass beaten in Thunderdome. For your information I added a detail in the size I actually painted the stuff in.
Hope I can post more stuff later on.