Team Chow II - Random: tonysaurus, kisou, Darkwolf
Hey, this thread is for the collaboration of tonysaurus, kisou, and Darkwolf. Post your WIPS, references, critiques, etc.
Feel free to come up with a team name if you want.
This is our topic:
So being a team of three, we'll need a total of 6 portraits. I'm not quite sure if good and evil portraits count individually or not. I'll go ask later at some point or hopefully stumble upon an answer.
Here are the rules!
1. Teams of two MUST create at least 4 portraits, teams of three or four need 6 and teams of five need 8. You are perfectly welcome to create more images that the requirement if you feel your team is up to it.
2. You must take a random selection of the choices below. Please don't do 4 elven fighters, or only orcs, for example. Please take a randomized selection. If you would prefer me to give your team a specific assignment, I will generate the selection for you. If I see teams doing more select parties, then I will request you to change to something more random.
3. You must follow the format provided. See it below, please!
4. You must do a LIGHT and a DARK version for each character, please! This means that for each character you need two portraits.
5. You must submit a paragraph about each character. Do a short write up for each character you create. I want to see some interesting, stereotype-breaking stuff here, folks!
PLEASE SELECT ONE OF EACH CATEGORY FOR EACH CHARACTER.
Gender: Male / Female
Race: Human / Elf / Half-Elf / Dwarf / Orc - (and anything else you can think of!)
Class: Fighter (Barbarians, Knights, Dark Knights, Brawlers, etc) / Thief (Assasins, Rogues, etc)/ Spell Caster (Wizards, Sorcerers, Druids, etc) / Healer (Priest, Cleric, White Mage, Medic, etc) - (feel free to make up something for this, too)
Alignment: Good / Evil (please do both for each character)
YES, THESE LOOK LIKE STEREOTYPES. IT IS YOUR JOB TO BREAK THEM. I want to see some really interesting, kick ass stuff!
I suppose our next step as a team is to all agree on a specific timeline(perhaps this doesn't have to be in the pseudo-middle ages/Lord of the Rings era... but maybe in some kind of post-apocalyptic future or something like that), area (can be either Western or Eastern or neither!), storyline (a war?), etc. that will allow our characters to be coherent with one another in terms of fashion, atmosphere, style (we'll have to decide if this will be cartoony or realistic... I think this is may matter, maybe not??? it maybe look better for when the pictures are finalized and placed side by side that they'd perhaps share a similar style) etc.
It seems like a generic subject, but I think getting past the stereotypes of these characters will be difficult and our biggest challenge (maybe). I think this is where critiques and references will come in handy.
I guess that's all I have to say at 3:51am, haha. Good luck!